Herb Crusted Chicken One Pan Dinner
This herb roasted chicken is the perfect one pan meal. Served with roasted potatoes and green beans and sprinkle with a garlic and herb seasoning. You’ll love how juicy and tender this dish turns out.
I have a serious love for one pan meals. Usually in the summer I’m a fan of busting out the grill but sometimes I just don’t feel like getting it out. We live in a house without a deck so I’m forced to pull it out the garage and then weirdly just grill while hanging out by garage. I realize this is a total first world problem but it doesn’t stop it from being slightly annoying. So instead of busting out my grill I turn down my AC a little and turn to my old favorite – the one pan meal.
This meal has layers of flavors AND it’s totally one pan. Yes, there are a few steps, but what good dinner doesn’t take a little time? I think the thing I love about this dish is that you get your protein, carb and vegetables all in one. I really planned this out to make dinner time just a little easier.
I used bone-in skin-on chicken thighs but if you wanted to use something that took less time to cook you could easily substitute chicken breast. Just know that if you substitute chicken breast you’ll have to decrease the cooking time since no one likes overcooked chicken. That is pure sadness right there!
I know you’re all wondering what awesome pan I used to create this post and it’s the 12-inch Premium Nonstick Casserole Pan. You guys, I cannot get enough of this pan. I seriously love how easy it makes cooking. It has nice high sides so I no longer have to worry about trying to stir and knocking my ingredients out of the pan. Plus it makes roasting easy because they have these handy dandy little handles that make pulling it in and out of the oven super simple. I know I’ve said this before but good handles really do make all the difference in a pan. Oh, plus it’s nonstick. You all know how much I love nonstick. That means I can make whatever I want and it will still be easy to clean. Because let’s face it, no one likes having to soak dishes.
Oh I also used some garlic and herb spice blend on this delicious chicken because who doesn’t love all those flavors on chicken? This meal is a total crowd pleaser – trust me!
Herb Crusted Chicken One-Pan Dinner
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Total time: 80 minutes
6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
Garlic and herb spice blend, to taste
Kosher salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
1-1/2 small baby potatoes, washed
1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Season your chicken on both sides with desired amount of Garlic Herb Spice Blend, kosher salt and black pepper. Set aside.
3. In your Casserole Pan add potatoes and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes just become fork tender. They will still be slightly hard but that is ok.
4. Season your beans with just a drizzle of olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper and set aside.
5. Drain your potatoes and set aside. In the same Casserole Pan add about 2 tablespoons olive oil and set over medium high heat. Add in chicken, skin side down, and cook just until browned, flip and cook until the underside is browned as well. Remove from the pan.
6. Wipe out the pan and add in potatoes, drizzle with just a tiny bit of olive oil and season with kosher salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat. Top the potatoes with the beans and the browned chicken, skin side up.
7. Roast for about 35 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. If you opt to make this with chicken breast, skip the browning stage and roast the potatoes and beans for about 20 minutes by themselves and then top with chicken breast and continue cooking until fully cooked.
Back to Blog