Pan Seared Sea Bass with Curried Apricot Sauce
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Suggested American Kitchen Cookware:
8-inch Premium Stainless Steel Skillet
1 ea. Chilean sea bass or cod filet
¼ tsp. Sea salt
¼ tsp. Fresh ground black pepper
3 tbsp. Unsalted butter, divided
2 sprigs Thyme
2 tbsp. Apricot preserves
½ cup Brussels sprout leaves
½ cup Shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
¼ cup White wine
¼ cup Vegetable broth
¼ tsp. Curry powder
1 tsp. Garlic chili paste
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Pre-heat an 8-inch skillet over medium heat. Add one tablespoon of butter to pan. Place sea bass filet in pan skin side down. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until skin is browned and crispy.
2. Turn fish over and cook an additional 2-3 minutes. Add apricot preserves and fresh thyme leaves. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes, then spoon apricot preserves over fish.
3. Add brussel sprout leaves and mushrooms around fish, then place pan in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes or until fish is tender.
4. Transfer fish, brussel sprout leaves and mushrooms to a plate and keep warm while making sauce.
5. For sauce: Place skillet on burner over medium heat. Add wine and curry powder to pan and reduce by half. Add broth and reduce mixture by half. Remove pan from heat and stir in remaining butter and garlic chili paste. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Spoon vegetables onto a plate and spoon sauce over vegetables. Place fish over vegetables and serve.