Your fondues, chocolates, candies, and sauces will have a smooth, even consistency as you heat them slowly and thoroughly with this American Kitchen® Stainless Steel Double Boiler Insert. You can even set the saucepan and insert on a trivet for a beautiful tabletop display that keeps itself warm when serving.
- Works great with either the 2-quart Saucepan or 3-quart Saucepan (sold separately).
- Made of premium 18/10 stainless steel to help retain the heat necessary to properly melt your foods.
- Stainless steel handles stay cool to the touch and are riveted tightly to ensure durability and control.
- Satin finish means cleanup is a breeze, with no seasoning required.
- Length with handles – 10.6”, height – 3.1”, weight – 1.9 lbs.
- Capacity – 2.1 quarts.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Made in the USA.
- See more of our stainless steel cookware!
Lifetime Warranty Included | Use and Care
Best Uses: Custards, fondues, and sauces like cheese, caramel, chocolate, and Hollandaise. It even works well as a food warmer while other dishes are cooking!
2 cups heavy whipping cream
3 cups chocolate chips
6 tablespoons Kahlua*
Assorted dippers: fruit, pound cake, angel food cake, marshmallows, pretzels, brownies, cookies or biscotti.
In the American Kitchen® double boiler, combine the whipping cream and chocolate chips. Cook over medium heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; add the Kahlua. Serve with choice of dippers. Yield: 4 cups or 16 servings.
How to use a Double Boiler
A double boiler needs a regular saucepan to nestle inside (it will fit either the 2-quart or 3-quart American Kitchen saucepan). To use it, fill the saucepan with an inch or two of water and set the double boiler insert on top. As the water in the bottom pan begins to simmer and transfers a gentle, steady heat to whatever you’re cooking in the pan above.
*Other liqueurs that can be added to the fondue in place of the Kahlua are: Godiva, Frangelico, Amaretto, or Grand Marnier.