The two stay-cool side handles make this steamer easy to transfer from stove to sink, to serving dish – and it’s more compact to store.
- Works great with either the 2-quart Saucepan or 3-quart Saucepan (sold separately).
- Made of premium 18/10 stainless steel to help retain the heat necessary to properly steam foods.
- Stainless steel handles stay cool to the touch and are riveted tightly to ensure durability and control.
- Satin finish means cleanup is a breeze, with no seasoning required.
- Length with handles – 10.6”, height – 3.1”, weight – 1.9 lbs.
- Height – from crease to bottom of pan 13/16″, Diameter – bottom of pan: 6-3/4″, Top inside diameter of pan: 7-1/16″
- Capacity – 2.1 quarts.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Made in the USA.
- Shop our assortment of stainless steel cookware!
Lifetime Warranty Included | Use and Care
Steamed Carrots, Cauliflower and Broccoli
2 cups carrots, sliced into ¼-inch sliced
2 cups cauliflower florets
2 cups broccoli florets
1/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Fill bottom of American Kitchen® 2-quart pot 1/3 full with water, place on high heat until it boils. Place carrots in the steamer basket and place on bottom pot, cover and steam for 5 minutes; add the remaining vegetables and steam an additional 5 minutes. Pour vegetables into a bowl, add butter and seasonings. Toss to coat. Yield: 6 cups or approximately 6 servings.
Tips for Steamed Vegetables
•Cutting vegetables into uniform sizes is important so they steam at the same rate. To make sure they cook without overcooking, add the longer-cooking veggies first then the quicker-cooking veggies after a few minutes.
•Take the vegetables out of the steamer basket when they still have just a bit of crunch in the middle. They continue to cook as they sit.